Moving to Kelowna? Here’s what the city is all about!
This beautiful city in the Okanagan Valley of British Columbia is becoming an increasingly popular place for Canadians to move to. Kelowna is known for its breathtaking vineyards, beautiful weather, stunning views, and booming tourism industry.
There are endless activities that will appeal to people from all walks of life. Whether you love basking in the calm of nature, getting highly physical with hikes, skiing, and water activities, or prefer a weekend of wine-tasting, Kelowna has it all.
Kelowna is known for all the fun activities there are to do. If you’re adventurous at heart, this is the city for you. With a ton of family-friendly activities, you’re sure to have filled out weekends!
- Stuart Park boasts winter ice rinks and summer dance classes
- H20 Adventure + Fitness Centre boasts an indoor water park with water slides, a wave pool, and a full-service gym.
- Hike or mountain bike the Okanagan’s sprawling. Extensive trail system boasts over 300 trails for every level of athlete. Just over 50km southeast of the city, you’ll land at Big White Ski Resort, where you can enjoy over 2700 acres of skiable terrain.
- Okanagan lake has all kinds of fun and there’s even an annual “Across the Lake Swim” each July!
Kelowna has a spectacular Cultural District downtown. As you walk along the district, you’ll find:
- The Kelowna Community Theatre
- Rotary Centre for the Arts
- Laurel Packinghouse
- Kelowna Art Gallery
There is so much more to see and experience in Kelowna. We don’t want to spoil the fun of exploring the city on your own.
WINE DOWN FOR THE EVENING
We know wine puns are thought to be in “pour” taste, but we just couldn’t resist!
Kelowna is known for its top-shelf, award-winning wine. There are over 40 wineries within a 20km radius, so you can make a day, weekend, or week of discovering the tastes of Kelowna’s wine! If you’re not sure which places to visit, you can always reach out to the lovely folks at Tourism Kelowna to help build a customized winery tour just for you. We highly recommend utilizing that resource if you’re nervous or unsure – after all, it’s never good to keep things… bottled up!
As you can tell, we love operating in Kelowna, and we know our team members would agree that it’s a great place to live. If you’re moving to Kelowna, trust our experienced, local movers to get you and your belongings there safely and efficiently.