HOW TO MAKE SURE YOU’RE CHOOSING A REPUTABLE MOVING COMPANY.
- Only use a moving company that’s licensed
- Choose a moving company that accepts most, if not all, payment options
- Be wary of companies that only accept cash as they may not be legitimate.
- Never pay for a moving estimate
- Reputable companies will always offer a free moving estimate.
- Watch out for “too good to be true” estimates
- A low quote doesn’t always mean a low final bill. Some moving companies will trick customers with low estimates that don’t include all the charges. Always find out what the rate estimate actually includes and go with a company that offers a comprehensive quote.
- Check out online reviews for the company and how they respond
- The Better Business Bureau is a great resource, and all legitimate moving companies should be rated on the BBB site. If you can’t find any reviews or referrals for the company it’s usually a bad sign as they might be trying to hide something, or they might not even be real.
- Select an experienced moving company
- The longest-running businesses are typically the most reliable. Take a look at the years of experience a moving company has before you hire them, if they’ve been around a long time, you know they know what they’re doing.
- Make sure the moving company has a local number listed
- Reputable moving companies will have local phone numbers listed. It’s ok if they have an “800” number for general inquiries, but always make sure there are local phone numbers listed as well.
- Don’t sign a partial or skinny contract
- Always make sure any contract is complete and comprehensive before signing. Don’t sign anything with blanks or with parts missing.
- Choose a moving company that’s involved in the community
- When you select a moving company that’s dedicated to giving back, you can feel good about the fact that some of the money you spend on your move is going back into your community.
Ready to book your affordable move?
If you’re planning a move, the best way to make sure it fits within your budget is to start with a free moving estimate. After you fill out our easy estimate form, you’ll be contacted by a friendly move coordinator who can tell you all about available discounts, and moving days with better rates.