What size boxes should I use?edit
There’s no single, perfect box size for moving. Different items are best suited to different boxes. Check out these common types of boxes and the best ways to use them to keep your items safe on moving day:
- 2-cube (16.75 x 12.5 x 12.5″): This is the most “standard” sized box. It’s best for heavy items such as books, canned goods, shoes, etc. The heavier and denser the items, the smaller the box you’ll want to use.
- 4-cube (18 x 18 x 20″): Best for light items such as linens and other clothes, or for oddly shaped items like kitchen appliances, lamps, etc.
- TV box: You’ll use this to keep your TV safe and undamaged during the move.
- Picture box: These are used for framed artwork, mirrors, and other thin, fragile items.
- Dish barrels (and inserts): Used to pack dishes and other fragile kitchen items.
- Wardrobe box: These are Two Small Men staff’s favourite way to move clothes: with a hanging bar included, you can simply transfer your clothes on hangers to the box, and easily move them into your new closet when you arrive at your new home.
comments for this post are closed